Saturday, April 14, 2012

Kensington, Harrod's and Wicked!

Time to play a bit of catch-up... Not to be confused with ketchup (which btw, is referred to as tomato sauce in England). We've been having such a wonderful time that I've fallen rapidly into a mild coma each night with no energy left to blog a word about it. So here's what happened on Wednesday...

We had a lovely visit to Kensington Palace where the beloved Princess Diana lived. Sadly, they only had one room dedicated to her memory. I wonder if the queen is still mad at her? We did get to see three of her gowns- she was such an elegant lady, I miss her. My favorite part of the castle was the Queen Victoria exhibit. I think I would have loved her too if I had lived in her time.


The gardens were just blooming and so lovely. Lovely is my new favorite English word. Everyone says everything is lovely! Try it now in your best English Accent... Go on... It's mostly like luvly.


Next we were off to Harrod's- the world's first department store. Harrod's had the first elevator and it was so scary for people that they would give them a shot of brandy at the top to calm their nerves. Its a shame they have not continued that practice- it would have been really helpful for some of us- not because of the elevator, but simply because of the sheer number of people...It was insane! But what a magical place- just walking through the food halls was an unforgettable experience. I wanted to eat my way through every room.











We closed out the day with some fine West End Theater. Wicked! It was just as wonderful as I remember but all with a slightly English accent. The boys said they liked it and I thought it a huge success until on the train ride home Carson asked "Why do they have to sing so much in plays?"

Lovely! Cheerio...

Location:Warwick Rd,Stratford-upon-Avon,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment

vintagetrailerlady@gmail.com