Lindsey South's Submission:
Bacon-Wrapped Teriyaki Chicken Skewers
Chicken Breast (cut into bite size pieces)
Bacon- NOT thick cut (cut into thirds)
1. Cut Bacon into thirds. Count how many pieces you have and then keep that in mind when cutting up the chicken breasts.
2. Drain the pineapple. Set up a workstation with kabob skewers, chicken, bacon and pineapple.
3. Wrap a piece of bacon around a piece of chicken and thread onto the skewer and top with a piece of pineapple. Repeat twice (or until you fill up the skewer.)
4. Place skewers in a heavy duty ziplock bag and marinate in 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce for 4-8 hours. (obviously keep them in a cooler)
5. Place skewers in foil and baste with teriyaki sauce. Close up foil and place on coals.
6. Check after about 10 minutes, turn over the skewer and baste again with teriyaki sauce. And cook for another 10 minutes. They should cook rather quickly because they are bite size!
We tried this and everyone LOVED it! Good recipe sis. Thank you for participating.
Kris Belcher's Submission:
Mexican Oatmeal Cake
1 cup oatmeal
11/2 boiling water
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 eggs 1/2 cup oil
Let stand until cool.
11/2 cups flour
1 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
Pour batter into foil-lined 12" Dutch oven. Cook 10-20 mins with minimal heat on bottom and majority on top.
6 Tbsp butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup canned milk
Boil together for 5 mins. Add 1/2 cup pecans. spread over cake while warm.
Ooh Yum - we all agreed this takes the cake! Thank you Kris.
So there you have it! Two new yummy recipes to try next time you're out trailering. Eat Up!