Thursday, March 22, 2012

One Yard Wonder?

The Boss Lady is getting ready for her 2012 spring camping extravaganza!  The weather is warm and sunny, there's a hint of campfire on the wind and I can hear the Frank Sinatra tunes wafting from the warbly Boss Lady stereo (she only has one tape).

Every girl needs a new outfit and a little sparkle for her debut and a vintage trailer is no different!  So here's a challenge:  I have one - just 1- yard of this fantastic Sisters of the Wild Frontier by Alexander Henry.  

Try as I might, I can't find any more, so this has to be used for something fabulous! hmmm... 

So here's where I need your help. I need an idea for a 1 Yard Wonder! What would you do with only one yard?

Leave a comment with your best idea. I'll pick my favorite and the winner will receive a fine selection of western-themed fat quarters straight from the VTL stash.  I can't wait to hear your ideas!

Happy Camping! 

6 comments:

  1. You could make a one yard apron. Use the cute western print as the skirt and use a contrasting print (like red polka dot) for the waistband and pockets. Then trim the skirt and pockets with jumbo pom poms :) Can you picture it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW that was FAST! I like this idea and I have some awesome red polka dot. Thanks Cynthia!

      Delete
  2. Perhaps you could put out a request for a swap. Someone might have this print and would be willing to part with it for something of yours. I've seen others do this on their blogs. And I just want to say I loved your sewing room at A Little Bit Biased. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about a cute pair of sleep shorts or a fun tote bag?
    ~Terry~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fabric!!How about the "front sections" of a very fitted & in style now western type vest? Front would need to be lined & the back would probably be taffeta look polyester with ties also made from same taffeta!
    Penny in So CA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could make you some cute slippers but then you wouldn't see as much of this darling print, so that idea is out:( I like the apron idea with the polka dots! You could also use denim like the one my nanny made for me. Anything would be fabulous with this cute print! Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete

vintagetrailerlady@gmail.com